- Grants are for schools, training centers, and organizations promoting woodturning that will benefit the GAW and its members.
- Scholarships are for woodturning lessons and training at schools, public or private workshops, for youth outreach, or for similar activities approved by the Board of Directors. Scholarships are limited to $750 and are set by the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors may change the maximum amount at any time.
- Scholarships are for current GAW members, who have been members for at least 12 months. Only one scholarship may be awarded to a particular member in a 24 month period. In the case of a family membership, only one scholarship may be awarded per household in a 24 month period.
- Scholarships are limited to no more than two individuals attending the same class. (Approved by the Board of Directors 2/20/2020 and effective on that date.)
- Requests for scholarships must be made in writing to the Scholarship and Grant Committee on the Scholarship Application form. (Please note: If problems are experienced sending the form via email, please contact the Scholarship Committee chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on mailing the application.) Scholarships are limited to a maximum of $750 or such other amount as may be established by the Board of Directors from time to time.. The decision to grant a scholarship is at the discretion of the Scholarship and Grant Committee.
- The Committee will respond, in writing, to any request within four weeks. Scholarships must be used within 12 months of the approval letter. Receipts for funds used may be required at the discretion of the Scholarship and Grant Committee or the Board of Directors.
- 80% of the scholarship amount will be paid when the scholarship is awarded. The remaining 20% of the scholarship will be paid when the scholarship recipient submits the Scholarship Follow-up form along with a one page Written Report detailing the class experience.
- If the approved scholarship activity is not completed, all funds must be returned to GAW or an alternate scholarship activity may be approved by the Scholarship and Grant Committee.
- Within three (3) months of activity completion, recipients of scholarships are asked to complete the Scholarship Follow-up form and Written Report and submit them to the Scholarship and Grant Committee.
- Please complete the Scholarship Follow-up form and email it along with your Written Report to Harry Saunders.
The Scholarship and Grant Committee, chaired by Harry Saunders, is responsible for approving and issuing scholarships and grants within funding limits provided by the Board of Directors. Grants are funded in part from proceeds of our annual auction at our Turning Southern Style (TSS) symposium. Click here to view members’ scholarship reports. Scholarship and grant requirements: Click here to view members’ scholarship reports. If you do not have the free Adobe Reader installed, click this link to download it: https://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html